Careful consideration of Rigid-Flex solutions and a proper assessment of the available options at the early stages in the rigid-flex PCB design phase will return significant benefits:
- Space requirements can be minimized by applying 3D
- By removing the need for connectors and cables between the individual rigid parts, the board size and overall system weight can be reduced.
- By maximizing space, there is often a lower count in parts.
- Fewer solder joints assure higher connection reliability.
- Handling during assembly is easier in comparison with flexible boards.
- Simplified PCB assembly processes.